Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

No. 16 Women’s Soccer Fights to 0-0 Draw Against No. 11 WashU

No. 16 Women’s Soccer Fights to 0-0 Draw Against No. 11 WashU

ST. LOUIS, Mo. - No. 16 women's soccer squared off with No. 11 Washington for the fourth time in program history. After 90 minutes of play, The Tigers and Bears came to a 0-0 draw. The last time these two teams met was in the Elite Eight of the 2016 NCAA Playoffs where WashU went on to win 1-0. 

Trinity took five shots while Washington University took nine shots. Of those nine shots from the bears, four were on frame. Junior goalkeeper Joey Finley (Albuquerque, NM / Early College Academy) saved all four of the Bears' shots that were on frame. Trinity is now 1-0-1 on the young season. 

The Rundown

Sophomore forward Michaela Bosco (Weatherford, Texas / Weatherford) took the first shot of the day for either side but it was off frame. A few moments later WashU took a shot that Finley was able to save. Both teams continued to sniff out scoring opportunities throughout the first half. In the 34th minute, senior midfielder Emma Everts (Parker, CO / Ponderosa) took the Tigers' second and final shot of the first half but missed high. 

As the clock was running down, the Bears took a corner but the Trinity backline cleared it. With just a few ticks left on the clock before half, WashU took one final shot that was off target.

Both teams came out of the half making more of a push to create scoring chances. In the 56th minute of the match, sophomore midfielder Taylor Campbell (Edinburg, TX / Robert Vela) took a shot that was saved by the Bears keeper. 

Before the match ended, senior forward Molly Sheridan (St. Louis, Mo. / Kirkwood) and first-year forward Hanna Khan (Southlake, TX / Southlake Carroll) both took a shot but nothing came of them. The defenses of Trinity and Washington played well and forced tough shots all afternoon to ultimately play to a 0-0 draw. 

Coach Speak

"We try to take trips like this to test our team and see what our true personality is," explained Head Coach Dylan Harrison. "We are tough and talented. With very little recovery playing on the road against another very talented team during a storm we gave ourselves a chance to win! Keep your eyes on this group as we are just getting started."

Up Next

The Tigers will be in Kerrville taking on Schreiner University on September 9th at 3:30 pm. September 11th, Trinity will then trek back home to play their first match of the season at Paul McGinlay Field against Chapman University at 11:00 am.